Congratulations go to “The Long and The Short of It” the winning Trivia Challenge team scoring the highest number of points in the Knights of Columbus 2nd Annual K-W Great Trivia Challenge. A well-done goes to Steve & Annette Shute, Sean Hughes, Vedrana Muftic, Margaret Hughes, Brian Hughes Jr., Kelly Walberg, Bobby Taylor and Brian Hughes. The action was held November 11 at The Crowne Plaza Hotel in support of Marillac Place. Sixteen teams battled for boasting rights and the championship trophy answering 75 skill-testing questions. As fate would have it, Marillac Place suffered a debilitating flood which caused the evacuation of their building days before the K of C event. Fortunately, the fun-filled night raised almost $11 thousand dollars to aid in their recovery. A successful evening was achieved with special thanks going to the following Council 1504 Brothers for their help….
- Brian Schmalz – Co Event Chair and Prize Table Organizer Extraordinaire
- Ted Jasica – Chief Question Writer and Key Donor
- Peter Penlington – Master Auctioneer and Chief Trouble Shooter
- Manfred Aulich – Master Fundraiser
- Joseph Goodwin – Master of the Power Point
- Frank Troupe and Fernando Melo – Protectors of the Trophy
- Gary Megaffin – Master of Media Relations
Marillac Place will receive the much-needed funds to aid in renovating their building following that disastrous flood. The fund-raising event was successfully achieved through the efforts of several dedicated Trivia Night volunteers….
- Dave and Birgit Obermeyer
- Mario Peretti and Mrs. Peretti
- Brian Hughes
- Gerry Kelly
- Mike and Anna Szabo
- Mike and Betty Begin and Dudley
- Reinhart Schreiter
- Wayne and Marilyn Curry
- Terry Molloy
- Jonathan Molloy
The Knights of Columbus is looking forward to make the 3rd Annual K-W Great Trivia Challenge even bigger and better anticipating an increase in the number of teams challenging for the desired first-place trophy.